2020 Practical Schedule Below
Click on the date to registerNovember 28, 2020- Sold Out2021 Schedule
STATE OF CONNECTICUT PRACTICAL EXAM TESTING
Please Read Important Information
Until Further Notice – these are the testing requirements for exams held at our facility:
- All students registered to test should bring a face mask or face covering and will be required to wear it while in the building.
- All students registered for an exam will be prescreened before entering, a temperature with be taken by an InfraRed thermometer and a COVID-19 Questionnaire will need to be completed. Please print out, fill in your information and bring to training center and provide it to the Safety office upon screening.
- No backpacks, cellphones, stethoscopes, or blood pressure cuffs will be allowed into Testing Center. If these are in your possession, you will be asked to return them to your vehicle.
- All students should bring their own writing implement to use.
- All the equipment that is not disposable will be cleaned after every student.
6.There are NO REFUNDS, so please chose your testing date carefully.
7.If the candidate has an elevated temperature or positively answers the questionnaire, we have the right to refuse entry to the testing center and will offer the candidate to be transferred to another exam.
Please arrive to test site at 7:20 am. Doors close to 7:50 am and will not allow late admittance.
Exam Site Location
We are located at 430 Coram Ave, Shelton CT 06484
Echo Hose Training Center is an authorized site for Connecticut and NREMT psychomotor (practical) examinations. Tests are at least twice a month under the oversight and direction of the Connecticut Office of Emergency Medical Services
- Please arrive to test site at 7:20 am. Doors close to 7:50 am and will not allow late admittance.
- Candidates arriving after the scheduled start time will MAY NOT be admitted into the examination and will forfeit their examination fee!
- There are no refunds for those that do not show up or arrive later.
- Full Exam (5 stations): $110.00
- Retest Exam (2 stations): $60.00
- Payment is non-refundable. If an exam is cancelled (inclement weather, catastrophic event, or lack of candidates), your registration will be transferred to the next available testing date of your choice.
- There is no waiting list - if an exam is sold out please choose another date.
- Registration transfers are NOT allowed
- Exam cancellations. If an exam needs to be cancelled, you will be notified via your registration email as well as being posted on this site.
- No 3rd party inquiries. We can only communicate with the registered candidates.
- There are no refunds for those that do not show up or arrive late
- Once again there are "NO Refunds or Transfers".
Full Exam Description
Candidates are tested at each examination on five (5) required skills – Medical assessment, Trauma assessment, a Random skill (joint immobilization, long bone immobilization, or bleeding control / shock), CPR/AED, and Airway management. All examiners undergo training through the Connecticut Office of Emergency Medical Services and each exam is supervised by an OEMS Chief Examiner.
Candidates testing in a practical examination must have completed a Connecticut OEMS approved Emergency Medical Technician course within 2 years of their exam date, are having an expired Connecticut or NREMT certification reinstated, or are completing the examination for endorsement as an EMT or EMR.
Retest Exam Description
Candidates that have failed two (2) stations at a previous practical exam may repeat their failed stations during another exam date. Candidates repeating the exam may not necessarily repeat the same station that they originally failed. The scenario for each exam is chosen on the day of the exam by the Chief Examiner.
All examiners undergo training through the Connecticut Office of Emergency Medical Services and each exam is supervised by an OEMS Chief Examiner
Rules and Requirements
Candidates must arrive no later than 10 minutes prior to scheduled exam start time. Candidates arriving later than 10 minutes prior to exam start time will NOT be admitted into the examination and will forfeit their examination fee!
Talking, outside papers such as NREMT skill sheets and notes, electronic devices, weapons, and books are not permitted in the testing or staging areas. Please leave these items in your vehicle or at the front desk. Echo Hose Training Center is not responsible for items left at the examination site.
What to Wear to Your Examination
Candidates must not wear any clothing that identifies them to an organization, agency, or department (e.g. Fire Department, Police, EMS shirts). No hats will be permitted in the examination. Clothing should also be business casual and/or appropriate for the movements and activities being performed (skirts and low-cut shirts/shorts will not be permitted). Those dressed inappropriately may be required to change attire prior to the start time of the test.
What to Bring to Your Examination
Candidates MUST bring one form of identification to the examination that is current and valid, contain a photo and a signature, and be a U.S. or State official ID such as a Passport, Military ID, Driver’s License, or Official Student ID.
Any candidate that does not comply with the above rules will be dismissed from the examination and will forfeit their examination fee and test results.
Requesting Special Accommodations
Testing Accommodations may only be provided with authorization from OEMS in advance of the examination. Documentation supporting the need for accommodation must be supplied with the requests. All requests for special accommodation must be made no less than ten (10) business days prior to the examination directly with OEMS (email@example.com) or 860-509-7975.
Questions or complaints related to the testing process should be directed to the Chief Examiner, on the day of your exam, who is assigned by OEMS.
Examination results are provided to your EMS-Instructor by OEMS. Please allow up to ten (10) business days for OEMS to provide instructor your results. The results are provided in a PassFail format. Your EMS-Instructor will notify you of the results. No examination results are distributed on the day of the exam. Echo Hose Training Center only receives the results for its students.
Candidates will be evaluated against the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians Basic Level Skill Sheets. The skill sheets can be found here
There are 5 stations that you will be tested on:
- BVM Ventilation
- Cardiac Arrest AED
- Random Skill (Joint Immobilization, Long Bone Immobilization, or Bleeding Control/Shock)
- Patient Assessment - Medical
- Patient Assessment - Trauma
Head Northwest on Howe Ave
Turn Left on to White Street
Turn Right on to Coram Ave
Take first Left onto Elm Street
You will see the driveway to training Center on your left
If you are going to use GPS to find us, use 20 Elm Street and it will put you in the driveway of the building
Follow Link to volunteer with Echo Hose Ambulance please click Below